Many of you are familiar with Skype because of its video chat service. However, it offers VoIP calling as well.
Rating: 3.5 with 289K ratings
Viber has been around for quite a while and recently it has added video calling and chat features.
Rating: 3.9 with 41K ratings
WhatsApp is always trying to bring something unique in the market. This year, they have introduced the free calling feature using VoIP instead of your cellular service.
Rating: 3.8 with 30K ratings
Line is a new third party app that serves more than 400 million customers worldwide. Since it is relatively new, the current version of the software is still buggy but it delivers its promises.
Rating: 3.5 with 22K ratings
OoVoo has over 100 million users in over 130 countries and is one of the largest video chat and messaging apps in the world. It offers video calls, voice calls, and text messages for free on cross platforms.
Rating: 4.5 with 12K ratings
Blackberry Messenger was initially developed for blackberry devices but it is now supported by many operating systems including Windows Phone 8.0 and later
Rating: 2.9 with 5,843 ratings
With over 200 million users worldwide, Nimbuzz is an app that combines the power of internet and that of a smart phone messenger. It has been around for quite a while and is well known for providing unlimited chat messages and file sharing on various platforms. Although it does not get the press that the others get for voice calls, it is still a great free app.
Rating: 3.6 with 2,557 ratings
With ICQ, you get free calling to any number within the United States, but if the other party has the ICQ app installed, you can call anywhere in the world for free. Now, they even have IP based text messaging and a video chat feature and your existing phone number is used when you make outgoing calls.
Rating: 4.1 with 636 ratings
KakaoTalk is a very popular messaging option, especially outside of North America.
Rating: 3.2 with 339 ratings
If you’ve ever stood in line at Walgreens or watched late night infomercials, you’ve surely heard of Magicjack. They made their name by offering the USB stick that converted your landline to VoIP but now they have a Windows phone app. This one isn’t as feature-rich of some of the others but you can use it to make calls to any number in the US for free.
MobileTrans – Windows Phone Transfer
Transfer Data from Phone to Phone in 1 Click!
- Transfer Data from/to Windows Phone directly.
- Easily transfer photos, videos, calendar, contacts, messages and music from Android to iPhone/iPad.
- Backup and restore data on your device to a computer with one click.
- Takes less than 10 minutes to finish.
- Enable to transfer from HTC, Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, iPhone and more to iPhone X/8/7/6S/6 (Plus)/SE/5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS that run iOS 11/10/9/8/7/6/5.
- Works perfectly with Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Google, HUAWEI, Motorola, ZTE, Nokia and more smartphones and tablets.
- Fully compatible with major providers like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile.
- Fully compatible with Windows 10 or Mac 10.12.
- Fully compatible with iOS 11 and Android 8.0.